6th - 8th Grade
In middle school we add to the building blocks of Watermark Preschool and Watermark Kids. We begin the journey to help students:
Serve the World.
Serve the World.
What we are talking about
Big Picture is a five-week series focusing on significant events in the life of Joseph. Like most of us, Joseph’s life was filled with ups and downs, many of which made it difficult for him to see beyond what was happening in the very moment he was in. The inability to see past their current circumstances—to focus on the bigger picture—is definitely something middle schoolers struggle with in this phase. The hope is that, as they see how God was working on the big picture in Joseph’s life, they’ll begin to see that He is doing the same in their own.
When you can’t see the bigger picture, do the next right thing.
1. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy and 10 being almost impossible), how difficult is it for you to decide…
- Where you want to eat?
- What you want to wear to school?
- What you want to watch?
- Who you want to hang out with?
2. What’s the hardest part about making decisions?
3. Have you ever felt unsure about a decision you had to make?
4. Why is it sometimes difficult to choose to do the right thing?
5. Is it harder to make the right choice when you don’t know how it will work out? Why or why not?
6. How do you know what the next right thing to do is?
The ultimate goal of what we do in middle school is to get students into a small group led by adults to help give your student another trusted adult voice in their life. An adult that is going say the same things that you are saying about faith. We feel this is the best avenue for students to take steps to love God, love people, and serve the world.